Saturday, February 14, 2009

I may have fallen off the caffeine wagon a little bit

...and am being dragged along behind it.

I've been trying to cut down on my caffiene intake, at least after work, in hopes of getting to sleep at more regular hours. In practice, I honor this idea in the breach more often than not.

When the kids are bouncing around at 7:15 pm and I'm trying to get them to make lunches, take baths and gotobedforchrissakes, it's just not hard to justify a cup of coffee to calm my nerves. I do it for the children.

That smooth, smooth cup of coffee, if it prevents someone from getting a beating, begins to seem like a virtue.

Hmm. I'm actually going to sleep at decent hours lately. Maybe I should just focus on the sleep thing directly. I'm not sure about the quality of the sleep, though, and that points to things like caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment