Sunday, February 08, 2009

Goblin figure sculpting....more photos, including armature

I had some more photos of this project which I never posted. I wanted to show the armature that I build for it, using a block of wood, a bolt, some flexible wire and epoxy.













I followed that up with a layer of foil, and then added polymer clay.




I learned this armature stuff from a couple of web sites. This article about making a minotaur, and this tutorial about making a creature, were helpful.

Still a long way to go with the figure making, but it's a lot of fun.


2 comments:

  1. Don't take this the wrong way, but I almost liked the armature more than the final Goblin figure (though the figure is cool).

    Something about the shape makes me think of the Golems I've been dreaming up for the Illyria setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I made some armatures for much smaller figures, and they were a lot of fun, with round loops of wire for heads. I took a couple of them and made silly figures from them, rather than the serious warriors I'd intended.

    ReplyDelete