Friday, February 20, 2009

Chloe makes a sheep

Chloe made this sheep from poly clay in record time, guided by photos in a book called I Can't Believe I'm Sculpting Clay Figures by Becky Meverden. I mean, she picked up the book, I looked away, and then she had this sheep. She said she didn't really use the instructions, just looked at the photos. Unfortunately this is the only photo I took that actually came out, it doesn't quite do justice to the 3d reality of the original.

But that's polymer clay for you...you can put together a pleasing color creature in a few minutes, and then bake it solid in 20 more. Total instant gratification.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of thought it was a dog. Or a sheep-dog, the mythical chimera with the head of a dog and the body of a sheep that produced the Ivory Fleece that Jason and the Argonauts almost got their hands on. . .

    That said, it is really cute and very well proportioned. She's got skillz.

    ReplyDelete