Sunday, October 25, 2009

The secret is in the spinning

I don't have a photo of this, wish I did. Yesterday I spent a lot of time running the cotton candy machine at our elementary's Fall Fest, and I got covered in sugar floss.

We had few instructions but it didn't take long to figure out that it's important to spin the paper cone a lot, to wind the floss onto the cone nice and tight. I got to teach a few rounds of volunteers the tricks of the trade.

It wasn't too bad being by the popcorn machine, either. I did not go hungry.

This is the first time I haven't juggled at the event, which was kind of a load off. When I wasn't making food, I wandered around and had a good time. Of course, our friend Marie was taking Lily around the fair, which made things easy. Ethan and Chloe are big enough to wander on their own in that environment.

Chloe's cactus costume attracted plenty of attention. As predicted by Doug, some thought she was Gumby.

No comments:

Post a Comment