Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Boston Review has web submission system

The Boston Review has a handy web-based submission system with a nice interface. You can create an account and submit your first piece on the same form. And once it's submitted, you can log in any time to check its status. This is a lot easier than messing with mail.

After I sent something in yesterday, I got a confirmation e-mail and a note with my login info.

The submission status page immediately showed my piece as 'recieved.' I wonder if they have a queue workflow on the other end, where editors could grab a piece and take ownership of it while they review it, something like that. Seems likely, and awfully handy, if you're running a magazine.

I found the Boston Review through the duotrope web site, a database of writing markets. I was looking for mainstream fiction paying venues.

No comments:

Post a Comment