Saturday, September 26, 2009

_Runaways: Dead End Kids_ by Joss Whedon


I picked up this graphic novel at the library because it was by Joss Whedon of Buffy fame. It collects issues 25-30 of the Runaways series, and I didn't find the story arc very complete or compelling. It didn't stand on its own very well. By the end, I knew that the Runaways had apparently killed their parents, who had done something bad, but I didn't feel sufficiently sympathetic toward the Runaways to forgive them for that heinous crime. There was time travel. There were child super heroes of the past. There wasn't enough to make me want to read more volumes in the series.

1 comment:

  1. Have you read the early issues of Runaways? Brian Vaughn's baby, and I found it surprisingly good (I'm generally not a big fan of teenage supers or stories in general--big reason why I've never read Harry Potter).

    ReplyDelete