Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bronson Pinchot interview in the Onion AV Club

Don't tell me you never watched Perfect Strangers and laughed. I think I'd be embarrassed by the show now. But it ran for eight seasons. Not sure that says anything good about anyone.

However, this highly candid interview with Bronson Pinchot is well worth a read. From the Onion AV Club. Here's a tidbit about working on Risky Business with Tom Cruise:

"We didn’t know it was going to be a big hit. We thought Tom [Cruise] was the biggest bore on the face of the Earth. He had spent some formative time with Sean Penn—we were all very young at the time, Tom was 20, I was 23. Tom had picked up this knack of calling everyone by their character names, because that would probably make your performance better, and I don’t agree with that. I think that acting is acting, and the rest of the time, you should be you, but he called us all by our character names. He was tense and made constant, constant unrelated homophobic comments, like, “You want some ice cream, in case there are no gay people there?” "

No comments:

Post a Comment