Monday, October 18, 2010

_Red_

Tanya and I saw the movie Red this weekend. Tanya had seen the trailers and we'd both wanted to see it, which was great. I liked the trailers too, even before I saw that it was based on a Warren Ellis book that I hadn't known about.

Totally recommended. 

The premise is great: retired spies suddenly find that they're being hunted down, and have to survive while trying to figure out why.

There are several wrinkes to this idea that I won't go into...I liked, though, how the trailers gave you the right impression while not giving you any plot details. The movie didn't begin the way I expected it would.

I wonder what it's like to be a writer and learn that Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, and Hellen frickin' Mirren are going to be doing a movie based on your book. That has to rock your world.

A quick look over the web suggests that the movie isn't a whole lot like the book. I'll have to see if I can get a copy of the book now. Then I'll have to try not to compare them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment