Friday, January 20, 2006

The day they start taking pants

Back in 2003, I was working contract at Dell, in the big Parmer Lane buildings. Walking down one of the big, new halls, I saw a black knit shirt on the floor next to a pillar. That place is really clean and empty so the shirt stuck out. One of my more flippant coworkers was nearby, we were both looking at the shirt, and she said, "That means somebody's walking around without a shirt."

I said, "Yeah, the muggers around here are just terrible." Then we both kept walking in the same direction. I turned to her and said, "Man, the day they start taking PANTS is the day I'm outta here."

This reminds me: this is yet another good reason to have emergency pants (see Sluggy Freelance, http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=020408).

No comments:

Post a Comment