Saturday, February 09, 2008

Now I'm a Knidower

My wife has gotten into knitting in the past year in just the worst way. Our house now overflows with scads of skeins. Where before she made me scones, now she makes them only to take them to Stitch & Bitch sessions.

It's inspiring in some ways. She's completing a lot of projects. She's getting more knitting done than she used to do with painting, one of her prior big loves. Right now she's working on surviving a Hat Attack game, a game something like a long-distance version of Killer, where each participant is assigned a target and an attacker. But they attack each other by all knitting the same hat pattern, which was just released this morning; if you can get your hat finished and sent off to your victim before you receive one in the mail, then you "kill" your victim. She's having a lot of fun with it.

This is all the fault of Ravelry, which seems to be a pretty innovative web community for knitters. But what am I supposed to do? I'm tripping over yarn. I'm stabbing my feet on needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment