Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kickass: Late to the party

Finally got a chance to watch Kickass this weekend. Wow. This movie was a lot of fun. It was odd the way it both pointed out all the problems with costumed crimefighting and also kicked butt.

Think about what the movie would have been like if you dropped the title character out of it and focused on Big Daddy and Hitgirl. It would have been Batman and Robin but with a father-daughter angle (which is awesome) and then there's the way they don't have Batman's reluctance to kill.

But that goes hand in hand with what makes Kickass awesome. Hitgirl's ruthless killing, just mowing people down, makes her awesome and batshit crazy at the same time.

Anyway, I just finished watching the movie a few minutes ago. These are just the first thoughts out of my head. But right now this is my favorite comic-book movie of all time.

4 comments:

  1. Have to say I did love this one too, and I really didnt want to watch it at first. A lot of fun, reminded me of Kill Bill in someways. Never expected it to be as graphic as it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next Halloween costumes for you and Chloe???

    Coincidentally, I recently saw it too. I also loved it. Did you notice how Big Daddy talked like Adam West when we was in costume? They were both quite nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I didn't see it as Adam West, that's an awesome thing to notice.

    Welcome, Mr. Sanders. How'd you find my blog? I only recently saw Kill Bill myself. For that one, the marketing failed for me. I really liked it when I did watch it. Basically I kept bumping into snippets of it on other people's premium cable, enough to get me interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:38 PM

    Much to my wife's chagrin, I put this in my Netflix queue and it should be arriving shortly. I plan to indulge vicarious fantasies about wiping out the editorial staff of a certain major publisher. My signature coup de grace will involve stabbing the assorted minions through the neck with a very sharp red markup pencil.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete