Saturday, August 30, 2008

Space Dwarves in Mjolnir-shaped Cruiser!

If you're gonna geek out on Lego, I can think of no better way than to build a Space Dwarf his own Mjolnir-shaped spacship.

This is right on so many levels.
  • It's a creative use of Lego.
  • It's an interesting spaceship with lots of interior detail.
  • The choice of a Space Dwarf is a nice oddity, and the thing has lots of dwarf-specific details, like a beer stein, a pig for later eating...
  • Mjolnir brings in a nice Thor and comics reference and is highly recognizable. Ordinarily I think I'd hate a spaceship that was shaped like something else. But Mjolnir is holy!
I told my wife about this. She was completely unimpressed. I can't understand this. Did she fail to read Norse mythology, dwarf stories, and Marvel comics?

Oh yeah. She's a girl!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool that I am definitely going to show it to my daughter. I wonder if they made it from regular parts cribbed from various kits or if they created it on the Lego web site and had it custom made for them using that new feature?

    ReplyDelete